Monday, February 28, 2005

Oscar ads - why bother?

Well, I was going to write about some of the ads - good and bad - during the Oscars last night, but frankly, once I heard Chris Rock open by telling everyone to "sit on their asses", I switched to FOX and watched a rerun of "Independence Day" instead. Get them aliens, dude!

Okay, I'll mention one good spot - Domino's Pizza ALWAYS seems to have good funny spots. They have this special 3 for 1 deal, and this funny guy gives a big self-confident spiel about how cool it is, because "If I want pineapple, I can order pineapple! If I want olive, I can order olive!" Then his wife points out that he just ordered 3 pepperonis, to which he replies: "I fear change."

Funny! Be funny, advertisers, that's what we like! Oh, all except - MASTERCARD! Mastercard, you are currently TRYING funny by parodying your own "Cost of whatever: Priceless" ads. But here's a little tip: it doesn't work when the original ad was ALREADY a parody. (Of itself, I mean. Whether it meant to be or not.)

Maybe I just have it in for credit card companies in general because I'm so heavily in debt myself. But still. I'm just saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home