Tuesday, December 20, 2005

And by the way, I hate Wal-Mart too

Saturday morning I got up super-early and bravely fought the traffic on Van Nuys Blvd. so I could buy my favorite aunt a gift card. See, she likes Wal-Mart, and I like her, so even though I personally am a Target fan, I swallowed my dislike and went in.

Well, guess what? I found the PERFECT gift card for her - it had a picture of a monkey on it and said "Go bananas!" And my nickname for my aunt is "Anna Banana". So - well, you get it, right?

Anyway, I got to the register and guess what - they couldn't sell it to me! Why not, you ask? Well, apparently because their scanning equipment didn't recognize the card, and neither the clerk at my register nor the manager could figger out how their own equipment worked.

Being impatient at the best of times, I mentally gave up after only fifteen minutes of this, muttered something about how I was going to go to Target instead because when they sell gift cards they actually SELL them, and stormed out, vowing never to enter the citadel again.

And when I got home, guess what I found in my mailbox? A Christmas card from my cousin Kathy, containing - are you ready? - a $25 gift card from Wal-Mart!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chrissy,

Don't worry, I won't buy your Christmas present from Home Depot or Wal-Mart. :-)

Steve ;-)

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm,

Another topic might be why the world hates spammers like the previous stock spams. Maybe I'll make that my blog. Oh, wait, I'll be stuck writing forever!

I was in Circus City the other day (because it was convenient to where I was)and couldn't get a salesperson to answer my questions, so,,,after five minutes (i'm not as patient) I went elsewhere. Customer service is a lost art these days.

Good to see that you have enabled comment moderation!

Steve P

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home